We tried a new grape, the Grignolino, from Castello di Nieve. The winery is based in Northwest Italy in the Piedmont region. The wine’s color is a light red, but not a rose.
- Nose: Strawberries and rose
- Taste: Peppery and smooth, dry
- Finish: Acidic and minerally, can feel the alcohol on the tongue
- Nose: Strawberries
- Taste: Not peppery, grapefruit
- Finish: Feels like the heat from a shot
- Seafood (talapia), salad, pizza
- Cheese: Muenster
We like the grape, it seems to make very complex and unique wine. We wouldn’t mind trying more from the winery, but the grape is a true intrigue for such a light red.